Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Short Holiday Week


This upcoming week is only three days. We have Thanksgiving on Thursday. My plans for this week are minimal as far as school is concerned. I plan to have Laura and Tasha work on a couple subjects a day. However, after that I plan on some 'Spring' cleaning in the late fall. The Christmas season is almost upon us. Often my plans don't go as I would like, but I really need a few days of cleaning and de-cluttering of my home. Soon we will be putting up decorations and such, and I really don't need to add chaos to chaos.

I am going to make my girls that are here work with me. I think it is time they helped me on a project this large for our home. My oldest daughter, Kim, and my step-daughter, Jasmine, will be at school. They won't be able to help as much. My two homeschoolers can help though. They may miss some school, but I'm considering it Life Skills.

The supplies are ready for cleaning. I plan to make an extensive chore list tonight. Room by room, I want to tackle this place. There is only so much clutter I can take, and I passed my limit a few weeks ago. Whether we have a small Christmas or a very small Christmas, we need to get rid of some stuff. At the moment we have eight people in this home, my family plus a stray that needed a place to stay for a bit. Eight people can create a lot of mess and clutter when they are all in one home.

If possible, I am hoping to streamline some things. Right now, the way things are, I could clean like crazy and it wouldn't last but a day. I'm trying to get things to where I can take care of them easier. I feel like I'm drowning in the chaos that is our home. I'm trying to come up with simplified cleaning and chore lists. What we have been doing obviously isn't working. Part of the responsibility has been on me. I haven't been consistent enough to train the kids properly the last couple years. Since Megan was born, things haven't really gone the way they should. Hopefully, now that she is older, things can change.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...