Saturday, November 21, 2009

BOOK IT! for Homeschool

Pizza Hut and Book It has been a part of our family for years. I signed Laura up for Book It for Homeschoolers awhile back. I am so happy Pizza Hut and Book It haven't left homeschooled children out in the cold. Laura was so excited to get her first certificate. She's read quite a bit and I am glad, as her teacher and her mother, that I have Book It to reward her hard work. Laura now gets to join in on the program that encourages kids to read.



All of my children were part of the Book It program through their public schools. My older girls loved it when they were in elementary. When I found out that Laura was eligible, even as a homeschooler, I was excited. So many times kids who are homeschooled don't get to be a part of things like this. I only wish I would have known this last year.

So, we went to get her first Personal Pan. It was a special night. The only sister that went with was the toddler. Laura's grandmother and great-grandmother met us there. Both of them told her good job. Not all of our Book Its are this big of a deal, but it was fun to encourage Laura and tell her we think she's doing a good job.

To enroll your child in the Book It program for homeschoolers please go to http://www.bookitprogram.com/ enrollment/ homeschool. asp

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...