Monday, November 23, 2009

"Spring Cleaning" in November


Cleaning, Cleaning, Cleaning... and I barely got out of the kitchen. My 'spring' cleaning adventure has begun. Tasha worked hard on the living room, shampooing the carpet and mopping the floor. Laura did some work, but mostly I had her help with Megan. As for me, I spent most of the day doing some extra laundry (curtains, bed clothes, blankets), and cleaning the kitchen. Actually, other than the dishes, all I got to in the kitchen was the stove.

My stove was a mess. I didn't realize how messy it had gotten. It took me quite awhile, but the oven is clean. Now, I have to get the rest of my house in order. I still have the rest of the kitchen, like the fridge and the cabinets.

All in all, I feel like I actually accomplished some of what I wanted to get done. There were no catastrophes or emergencies to take precedence today. All there was to interfere was the two year old. She was in one of her moods that meant she wanted mommy, not her sissy. I'm hoping for more progress tomorrow.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...