Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trying to Decide


We finished My Father's Dragon. Laura begged and begged. I had it planned to finish tomorrow, but with only two chapters left I couldn't wait any longer. I couldn't withstand the pleas of my little girl begging me to read more. Who could?

So now I have to decide what to read aloud next. I was hoping to have all weekend to make this choice, but now I have one evening (which was already kind of full). Laura and I have had such a great time reading lately. I don't want to stop our awesome flow.

I have several options. I bought some books off ebay that are waiting. However, I also kind of want to start a series and trade off that series with other books. I started the Little House series last year with Little House in the Big Woods. I loved these books as a girl, so much so that I named Laura after Laura Ingalls Wilder. However, we will be doing American History next year and I kind of want to read them then.

So I'm unsure yet what we are going to be reading. Oh, we have the stuff for history and Heart of Dakota, but I'm looking for something extra. I'll find something. I'm looking for heroes for Laura right now. I'd love to find Christ-honoring stories about a girl around her age. I know that I probably won't find that at the library. However, I think all girls need to have heroes. Isn't that the main reason the American Girl books are so popular?

For now, my search continues.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...