Friday, October 30, 2009

God Decided

I left last night to go with my husband to a Revival about an hour away. My problem of which book to read aloud would have to wait. This morning God gave me the next read aloud. I had ordered a couple Christian missionary stories a few days ago, and wasn't expecting them to come in for a week or two. I was pleasantly surprised and shocked when they showed up quickly. I opened my mail box this morning and there they were.

I smiled, knowing that God had provided. Oh, I could have easily read something else. However, I wanted something different than the fantasy and fictional stories we have been reading for the past couple weeks. Yes, it could be coincidence, but I don't tend to believe in coincidence.

We read three chapters of George Muller. I love it! I am always fascinated by redemption stories, and George Muller's story is dramatic. A thief, a liar, and a scoundrel is transformed by Jesus Christ. It's so wonderful to read true stories about how wonderful Jesus is and has been throughout the years.

I ordered the books through Ywam Publishing. They sent me a catalog with my purchase. I'm totally digging the books and other materials they carry. They have several books that I am wanting to add to Laura's history studies both for the World History this year and the US History I plan to begin next year. They have books for all ages, but I don't mind reading to my children if the book seems a little above their reading level or just because I love it. The Christian Heroes Then and Now series looks to be my favorite. They even have study guides and map activities to go along with the books. I'm thinking of looking at some of the teen books for my older girls. My oldest, who will be going to college next year, would get a kick out of these books. Many of the adult books look wonderful too...for me.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...