Monday, October 19, 2009

Taking the Day Off

I was going to have school. My public-schooled daughters were off today, but I was going to go ahead with homeschooling. However, then life got in the way. A friend asked me to keep her daughter while she took care of a family medical crisis. I wasn't going to try to homeschool when Laura had a friend over. So, we took the day off.

Megan has been playing all day. I haven't let Dora or Blue appear on my television all day. She's been fine keeping herself content with toys today. A friend let me borrow season 5 of House, so I've been watching it on and off. (There are days I miss having TV.) It's so nice to have a day off. Weekends are always crazy. Sundays are not a day off when you teach and run children's ministries.

It's gorgeous outside today. We may not see a whole lot of 60 degree days left this year. The leaves are all changing into this beautiful array of colors. It's wonderful, and I'm hoping it lasts for a bit.



I usually don't like fall. I'm a summer girl. Fall usually just reminds me of the cold winter to come. However, I like warm, sunny days. Today is definitely one of those. Either that, or maybe I just REALLY need a day off. However, I'm ready to head outside and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...