Friday, October 16, 2009

Not A Computer Planner

I can't do it. I tried. I wanted to plan on the computer, but I just can't. I'm a write it down person. So, the only thing I truly accomplished was I printed out some planning pages off of Donna Young printables. I'm going to write in those with my trusty ol' pencil. She also had some awesome handwriting pages I'm planning to use for copywork.

I guess this teaches me a huge lesson. I know it's a lot of work planning for more than one student. I wish I was the type that could use cool spreadsheet programs and create these wonderful plans. It just isn't me. For what isn't planned for me, I'm going to just stick to what I do best... a plan written in pencil that I can erase when (because life happens and plans often change) I need to.

I'm glad Heart of Dakota is planned out for me. Experience tells me that I'm not always the best at planning things for myself. I'm getting better, but it often saves no money. After all the running around trying this and that and attempting to put things together cheaper, I usually spend more than I would have if I would have just paid for a full program.

I don't know where the money is going to come from for next year's curriculum, let alone the rest of this years. I'm trusting God to show us the way. If I save so much per week then I should be able to get the programs I want.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...