Friday, October 16, 2009

Scheduling on the Computer

I'm trying to come up with a schedule on the computer. Planning would be a lot easier if I wasn't writing things out by hand. Yes, I know, I need to come out of the stone age a little more. I guess that goes to show that copywork works. I still tend to write out everything by hand. Things stick with me longer when I do. However, now that I'm plannig for two, things need to be more streamlined. You would think that with using Heart of Dakota, everything would be planned for me. Most of the work has been done for me. However, the Heart of Dakota stuff isn't all we do. Heart of Dakota has a very simple plans that are easy to follow. Unfortunately I don't always stick to their plans.

I'm playing with the spreadsheet programs on my computer. I did some computer scheduling last year, but it was basically to print out a weekly to-do list of assignments for Laura. This year I have Laura, Tasha, and I want to schedule in more reading for Megan. I feel like I spend half my time planning or scheduling and not doing the work. It seems that if life happens, and we miss anything, I have to redo the planning for days. That gets old fast.

I'm not a whiz on the computer. Blogging is fun, but I know I'm not an expert. Wanting a computer spreadsheet program for planning and scheduling may seem like a breeze to most people. For me, I kind of groan and hope I don't screw anything up. I usually have my teenagers do this stuff, but they've been pretty busy lately.

I haven't blogged much this week. All I can say about this week is progress has been slow and steady. I know everyone will have weeks like this... where the work is progressing but isn't overly exciting. Here's hoping my scheduling shows me areas where I can liven up our work.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...