Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Break

We are officially on Fall Break. It's time. We all just need a break. The kids are playing. I cleaned the house this morning and will soon be leaving to spend some time with my sisters. It's nice to get my house somewhat cleaned without it being a stressful cram it in type of thing.

We have a busy weekend planned, so I fully intend to enjoy every bit of this break. We are going to spend time with family and relax. A friend of mine fixed my IPOD, so I've been loving listening to my podcasts that I haven't been able to listen to for a couple months.

My step-daughter is here with us for break. It's been nice being able to hang out with her without her homework or soccer practices or tutoring coinciding. She's lounging so much she hasn't gotten out of her pajamas all day.

One of the considerations with year round schooling is that I want more breaks like this. It's so nice to be able to just take a break after working hard for an extended period of time.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...