Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Library Basket

We have a lot of books, but we still use the library A LOT! With up to five kids plus me using the library all the time, I finally had to come up with a central location to store our books. Plus, with a toddler around, I wanted to make sure they were safe from little fingers. She's been known to color in all books, not caring if they are supposed to be colored in or not.

I found a big basket that was once in our old freezer. It's not as pretty as something wicker, but it is sturdy. It's working great for all the stuff we are using for school. The teenagers tend to just keep their books on them. However, for my books and for the books I get the youngest two it is perfect.
Heart of Dakota has a lot of books in their program, but I just can't help finding others. It's one of the downfalls of being a book nut. I have the books I own on shelves, seperate from the library finds. I don't think the program needs to be supplemented. I just saw these books the library just got in and thought how perfect they are with what we are studying at this very moment. So far, Laura has liked my choices and hasn't revolted.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...