Friday, December 12, 2008

New Language Begins Next Week


The A Beka Language 3 book arrived today. I've looked through it, and I like it. First, there are lots of exercises for practice. For instance, when Laura studies Plurals, she will end up doing 7 pages, and then 3 review pages. Plus the end of the book has a review of everything covered in the book.
Second, there are a LOT of creative writing exercises. I want Laura to have lots of creative writing activities to practice skills, to use her imagination, and to learn how to express herself on paper.
At first I was going to supplement with the Harcourt Flash Kids Language Arts workbook that I have been using. I decided not to unless Laura is struggling or needs more practice in an area. At the end of the Harcourt book are some pages I might want to do with Laura at the end of the year if we finish with the ABeka book.
I figured that if we do two pages per day we will have the book done by the end of the year with some days left over. Some pages I may do more than two a day because Laura already covered the topic, like types of sentences, using the Flash Kids. It just depends on how well she is doing with the A Beka Language.
I plan to review the book after Laura has worked in it a few weeks.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...