Thursday, December 11, 2008

Health Issues

What a day. It began last night. I've had these issues for a couple months now, but recently the attacks began to get severe. Last night, at around 11, my upper back began to hurt. Then, the pain intensified and spread along my right rib to my stomach. Usually the pain goes away after a couple hours. This time, it was horrible and just wouldn't go away. After eight hours, I was exhausted and my tolerance level was at zero. I went to my husband and told him I needed help. This is a big deal for me because I have no insurance. We've applied a several months ago, but the insurance company is in no hurry to approve the application.
To the Hospital I went. There I had blood work done, a urinalisis, and a CT scan. Nothing was found. The doctor told me that by finding nothing he pretty much knew what was wrong. My gallbladder is failing. I need to have a couple more tests and then, almost certainly, surgery to have it removed.
I have to wait, however, for the insurance to hopefully kick in. I pray it does. Until then, I am on a Fat-Free diet...or as close to Fat-free as I can get.
I'm sad and scared. I don't want surgery, but the pain is intolerable when I have an attack.
My daughter Tasha stayed home with Laura and Megan today as it was an emergency. She taught Laura. All in all, I am grateful that I have teenage daughters to help me and back me up when I need it. And I thank Jesus that he gave me a sympathetic doctor today. Now, I just pray God keeps me from any more attacks while I wait for insurance.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...