Monday, December 15, 2008

Laura's History this week.




With Laura sick today, we will only have four days of school before our Christmas Break. I wanted a couple light reads for American History. I don't want to leave things hanging for when we begin again in January. I will have Laura reading over Christmas Break, but it will be fiction.
I found these two books at my local Library. They seemed perfect. Both are simple, even though the Accelerated Reading Levels say 4th grade, I don't think I looked at the site correctly. Either way, Laura will be able to get through both this week easily, yet still learn a little about the lives of these two historical figures.
My challenge this week is not to leave a lot of stuff hanging that we won't get back to for a couple weeks.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...