Thursday, December 4, 2008

English Curriculum trials

I was looking for a more comprehensive program for Language Arts. I wanted something that included more writing and more reading on top of the grammar. I ordered a few Lifepacs, and they just aren't for me. I'm glad I only ordered a couple.
I think I am going to try to get to Carpenter's Son soon and look there. They have a lot of used homeschool products as well as new. I need to view things in person, and there aren't a lot of sellers locally. I want to find something I can stick with for a couple years. To bounce around can't be good academically for Laura.
To increase Laura's writing, we are going to start a daily journal. I got a bunch of topic questions from www.canteach.ca/elementary/prompts.html. I want her to write for at least ten minutes a day. I am beginning to teach her about paragraphs and add to her grammar and writing skills. My hope is that she can write fluently. Soon she will begin book reports and letters. She needs lots of practice writing.
I know I have to find my own way with homeschooling. I'm working on it. I sometimes think I'm the only one that is struggling to find my way. I'm praying about it and doing different things, but I want something I love that has some consistency for my daughter.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...