Monday, November 10, 2008

A Little Homeschool Tenderness



It is moments like this that I treasure. Laura was reading a book about clouds for science. She wanted to read to Megan. I knew that Megan was tired and that it was nap time. It only took a couple minutes for Megan to fall asleep. Laura read that book plus four others before she let me move her sister.
Laura started doing the third grade science paces last week. I've been supplementing heavily so far with books. Basically, she thinks the paces are boring. She whizzes through them pretty quickly. I'll keep with them for a bit to give them a fair chance...and because I don't want to have to buy something else right now. Maybe it is just this pace, the subject matter being studied right now.
Science is the one area that I want things pretty well laid out for me. I have never been a huge science buff. I like aspects of science, like astronomy and geology. I have never liked biology and chemistry, even though I know she will need to learn these as well. I am excited that Laura will be learning Christian worldview science. I may be excited, however, because I get to learn the Christian view. It's like re-education for me. That is exciting.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...