Friday, June 8, 2012

Time to Give Myself a Break

This blurry picture above... this is how my mind has been the last few weeks since school was finished for the summer.  I am desperately wanting to plan next year, and the task seems too big for me right now.  With health issues that I am finally determined to deal with, and my mind seeming to go in a thousand different directions, I just can't seem to focus on school planning right now. 

I've been kinda beating myself up about that too.  After all, as a friend called me yesterday, I'm supermom.  I should have this, no problem.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble.  Either my husband's ADD is contagious, or I am just not supposed to be planning at this moment.   I have planned whole semesters in a couple days, and yet I have tried planning for two or three weeks now, and have gotten nowhere.

I'm thinking that God wants me to take a mental health break.  He wants me to refresh myself in Him, spend time with Him, and get my health in order.  He wants me to be dependent upon Him for answers on the direction we are going to take in homeschooling. 

Right about now I am truly missing those planned for me lessons that I would love to afford, but just can't at the moment.  I'm actually looking at my shelves of homeschooling materials wondering if selling some of it would be an answer, or if I'm just being impatient and not waiting on God.

I'm giving myself permission to do zero planning for the next couple of weeks.  Unless inspiration hits, I'm just going to enjoy time with my family and relax.  I need a break.  Two weeks to pray and rest and listen to sermons and work outside in my garden, without the constant barrage running through my head of "What are you going to do for this?" and "What are you going to use for that?".  Two weeks to take a deep breath and regain my focus, review the reasons why I am homeschooling, and remind myself that whether we have extra money or not, God will provide.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...