Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Shrine of Christ's Passion


We had a wonderful adventure for Father's Day this year.  We traveled to visit a place called The Shrine Of Christ's Passion.    Advertised as an interactive experience, we had heard about it on our local Christian radio station.



It was a hot day to be outside, but we enjoyed ourselves anyway.  The Shrine of Christ's Passion is a beautiful half-mile walk.  As you go, there are intricately formed bronze statues depicting the final day of Jesus' life.  From the Last Supper to Jesus ascending to Heaven, you literally walk with Christ in his final footsteps.


Music plays in the background to enhance the prayer-like mood.  At each stop a recording can be played that narrates the scene, telling the story of the final hours of Christ. 
It is such a beautiful place. I took tons of pictures.  I can only share a few since my computer crashed and I can only post from my phone or my Nook. 















No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...