Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prayers for Those Affected By The Storms

I know that God moves His people to action.  Nothing shows this more than a time of crisis.  Recently, the author of a blog I have been following suffered a devastating loss.  Her home was destroyed in one of the tornadoes that hit the Alabama area.  Now, I don't know the lady personally.  However, she writes a sweet blog that has touched me many times.  She writes about family and her children, about God and her faith, and about current events and a Biblical worldview.  She, like me, is a fellow homeschool mom.  Her blog is entitled Generation Cedar.  Her name is Kelly, and my heart and my prayers go out to her right now.
The Destroyed Crawford Home
This is a picture of the destroyed Crawford home.  The family, as well as several others, were huddled in the basement of this home!  Just that morning Kelly's father had suffered a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.  He was there, and now has no home to come back to either.  His home sat on the same property and was also destroyed.

I look at these pictures and I know just how easily it could have been my home, my family.  I too live in Tornado Alley.  I too have seen twisters and the resulting damage and devastation.  I know that our lives are not in our control, but in the hands and control of our Almighty Father. 

Donations are being taken for this family.  One of the places to donate is at A Wise Woman Builds Her Home.  

So many have been devastated by loss from the storms.  Keep those affected in your prayers.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...