Thursday, August 13, 2020

Earth’s Plates


 As a lover of Earth Science, I find the science experiments my daughter does are fun!  I was luckily to have the option to study Earth Science in college versus the other options. 


This week my daughter has been studying the causes and consequences of an earthquake.  Now, like me, she also loves Earth Science.  She is fascinated by storms and weather and oceanography.  She loves geology.  She reads books about various Earth Science topics for fun. 



This isn’t exactly new material for her, but she is still as fascinated as if she had never studied the information in the past.  



Today her experiment used a graham cracker to get a visual of what happens to the Earth’s Crust when plates rub during an earthquake.  The visual was changed as she increased the friction or force. 


And at the end of the experiment, she smiled and asked, “Can I eat my science experiment now?”






No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...