Monday, August 1, 2016

Summer Fun


With all the busy summer days, I count today as the most busy.  However, it was a lot of fun.  My youngest two daughters started the day with a trip to an amusement park about an hour away from our home.  It is rare that we get to go, but Megan earned a free pass from our library for reading every day this summer.  Then she won a prize of two more passes in a drawing.
My girls and I having fun!



It was a momentous occasion, a rite of passage, as Megan was tall enough to ride her first roller coaster.  I have taken all my girls on their first roller coaster ride, and the adrenaline junkies in them love it! Megan had a moment of panic on her face at the first drop, as if she wasn't sure if she loved it or was afraid.  Then she let out a scream and threw her hands in the air.  And with that, another coaster lover was born!  She rode many of the big rides, as long as she was tall enough.  She is still too short for a couple of them. 



My sister joined us with her son, and it was a fun day.  By the time we left, we were tired and sunburnt and felt accomplished.  



No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...