Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Baby Shower For My Grown Baby


My oldest daughter is going to be having her first baby, a son.  He will be my first grandson.  We are all so excited to meet the little guy!  We held a shower for my daughter, and this little dude will be set with a great beginning library and spiffy duds.

Instead of cards, everyone was encouraged to bring a book, personalizing it by writing a note to the mommy or baby inside the front cover.  I bought "Let me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury.  I ran across the poem in the Redemption series years ago and fell in love with it.  I knew my daughter would love it!  

I also bought two "classics" for the mommy.  I bought "The Power of a Praying Mother" by Stormie Omartian.  That book helped me pray for my daughters so often since I became a Christian, and I want her to read it!  I also bought "The Read Aloud Handbook" by Jim Trelease.  I have a signed copy that is older by the author.  The book changed what I thought about reading to my children! It changed our homeschool!  I need to read the updated copy, since new information has been included.  I was happy to bless my daughter with the book.  I pray both of these books touch her life as they did mine. 

We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of my little grandson.  He is loved already.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...