Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Days

The days of summer pass so quickly.  I find myself watching them pass by quickly.

We celebrated my nephew's birthday a couple days ago.  At the party I got to see my Dad, a rare treat.  


On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day at my daughter's house.  My son-in-law cooked out for us and we enjoyed being together.  My daughter has been facing some tough health issues, and we are happy to be there for her. 


My oldest daughter is six months pregnant with a son, my first grand-child.  I love being able to watch my daughter in her pregnancy, as she gets bigger with child.  She is so beautiful. 


Today, despite the heat, I went walking this afternoon.  Despite storms, the heat was oppressive.  The humidity made it feel like breathing through a wet towel. However, the wild flowers were gorgeous. 



Summer passes by so quickly.  I am determined to enjoy every moment.




No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...