Saturday, June 11, 2016

Love Finds You In Sunset Beach Hawaii - Review


Maybe it's because I ling to go to Hawaii.  Maybe it's because I so thoroughly enjoyed Robin Jones Gunn's work in the past.  When I picked up Love Finds You, Hawaii, it was purely for those reasons. 

When Love a finds You In Sunset Beach, Hawaii is a cute story about Sierra Jensen, a missionary that had been serving in Brazil, and Jordon Bryce. A photographer chasing his dream.  When both, through a stream of coincidences, end up in the same Hawaii vacation spot, they are both at a point where they have some decisions to make.  A friendship and an attraction to each other was not what either of them expect.

For a romance, it wasn't very romantic.  I did think that the book did a great job at having the characters turn to God as they dealt with the decisions they had to make at the pivotal points they both had reached in their lives. 

This was a light read.  It didn't truly impact my life deeply, and maybe it wasn't supposed to.  Sometimes light reads surprise me with depth.  This one wasn't like that, but that's alright.  I still enjoyed the story.  

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...