Friday, May 25, 2012

The Tradition Continues!

To celebrate the last day of school, I have taken my girls to get ice cream for years.  Now that my two oldest have graduated, they aren't around for the fun.  This year, Dad got to join.  Often he has to work and misses out on our ice cream adventures.
The girls worked hard learning new skills this past year.  Megan learned the alphabet and the sounds they make, plus lots of other fun stuff.  She is an official Kindergartener now.
Laura is growing up fast.  She is now an official 7th grader!  She studied a lot this year.  Science became a favorite subject this year.  Laura loved the nature studies we did and the Arabella Buckley books she read.
Jasmine had a rough year.  She finished her 8th grade year in public school.  She worked hard, though, to get good grades.  History was a challenge for her.  It was a lot of what most homeschoolers don't like, memorizing dates and names. Now, of course, she is an official high school student.
As the temperatures begin to get toasty, the ice cream is special.  The kids look forward to their end of year ice cream celebration.  They even asked me this year if I remembered their ice cream.  I smiled and nodded.  Little do they know that I look forward to celebrating the end of the school year too.  We work hard, and a little reward is a treat for me too!

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...