Monday, January 9, 2012

Picking up Where We Left Off

Well, last week was full of unexpected surprises.  The illness that I caught seemed to go through the entire house.  My grandmother had surgery on her broken hip on Friday.  Needless to say, it was a week that slowed us down.
We picked up where we left off.  I have tried too hard to make it one letter per week, on a five day week plan as it scheduled in the Heart of Dakota curriculum.  However, whenever anything delays us, I end up not being able to finish with Megan.  Then, I try to schedule the next week to make up... and it ends up taking two weeks to get through a letter.  Well... I'm just going to take it day by day.  If we end one letter and begin the next one in the middle of the week, then so be it.
I never expected that our lives would become so busy that it would take me 10 months to go from "A" to "Q".  Megan has learned a lot in those months. Despite my challenges in getting her school stuff done, she has made amazing progress.  Today, with only a little help, she wrote her name. 
I was so proud of her! 

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...