Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Focused

Whether it has been gluing beans onto the letter "I" or building Samson's towers, Megan has been more focused than usual.  She is taking her time and working steadily.
It makes me proud to see how she is growing and learning with Heart of Dakota"s Little Hands to Heaven.  I am slowly seeing her skill levels improve as we work.
The fun thing is that Megan doesn't think of anything we do as work.  She's just playing.  Gluing beans on a letter is making the "I" pretty.  I try to keep a fun attitude about our activities for "school".  I want her to think learning is fun.  When we tell her that we are teaching her letters so she can learn to read, she gets very excited.  She sees us all reading and she wants to read too.  She will often just sit with a book and "read" on her own.  Of course, it isn't real reading yet... but one day it will be.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...