Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Animal Lover

Belle and Jasmine
When my oldest daughter, Kim, brought Belle back with her from Louisiana, I was a little nervous.  Taking care of a medium sized dog on top of all my other responsibilities was not something I wanted to do.  For a few months it has been a roller coaster as we worked to potty train the dog and keep her busy and exercised.  She is a hyper thing, with lots of energy all the time.

She is also getting too big for the younger kids to easily walk.  We have worked on training habits with moderate success.  She does better with a larger person that Laura. 

With my step-daughter moving in nearly full time, she took a keen interest in Belle.  I kind of laugh because they both have a lot of energy!  Jasmine has kind of taken over the care and responsibility for Belle.. which helps me out tremendously.  They love to go outside and play together.  I am so grateful that our pet, which I wasn't so sure I wanted to keep, has helped make what could have been a tough transition much easier. 

Jasmine will be starting public school in mid-August.  (While we hope to homeschool her in the future, we are keeping her changes to a minimum for now.)  When school starts I know that, during the day, the care of Belle reverts back to me.  I am just so grateful to have someone that has taken such an interest and developed a bond with our doggie.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...