Friday, April 22, 2011

A Short and Challenging Week

This was one of those weeks that was tough.  Laura struggled with not feeling well.  It was raining a lot, so Megan was dealing with some cabin fever.  She was restless and over-hyper.  We have been trying to adjust to and house-train a new puppy.  My oldest daughter had moved home.  In the midst of it all, we tried to do school.

Looking back, I realize that we actually did very well.  Laura finished her entire week successfully.  I worried on Thursday that she was done when she woke up with a fever.  After some sleep and medicine, she was feeling much better and was determined to get her work finished.
Megan finished only 4 out of her 5 days.  Having multiple appointments on Friday, I forgot to remind my husband that he should do school with her.  So... she missed.  I'll make it up after the crazy weekend to come.  I wanted to take Friday off anyway for Good Friday, but had trouble getting it all scheduled and completed.  Like it said... it was just one of those weeks.
My girls were together and learning about God and their lessons.  It was a successful week, despite the challenges that I felt.  Laura is feeling better.  Her fever is gone.  Megan still hasn't gotten to play outside because of yucky weather, but she did get to dye some Easter eggs this afternoon.  That helped.  My oldest two daughters got signed up for their college classes in the fall (this includes my homeschooler that will be graduating soon)!  Best of all, we are all loving Jesus and preparing to celebrate Easter in His honor!

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...