Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful Anyway


Things seem to be tough for so many this year.  My family has taken in a young man.  There was issues with his step-father and he was asked to leave.  He's not a minor, so he had nowhere to go.  For awhile he was sleeping in his car, and trying to go to high school.  My husband and I don't have much, but we let him crash on our couch.

We've taken a lot of heat for this from some friends and family.  We set rules for the young man, and he followed them.    However, many still don't like this.  I can't understand why, when my husband and I both felt God led us in this direction.  It must of been the direction of God, because this boy has since accepted Christ.

Some days, when it feels like everything in our lives has turned upside down, I can only turn to God and want to cry.  I take comfort that this boy is learning to love Jesus.  I do my best to trust that God will handle things in His time.  Despite those that don't think we should be helping someone else when we don't have much, I am thankful anyway.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...