Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Oldest Takes Center Stage

My Oldest, Kim, had a concert at her school for choir and dance team. She is a talented musician. One of the reasons she has stayed with her public schooling instead of homeschooling is that she loves the music program. She sang her heart out tonight.

Here she is with her grandma. Kim's sisters (all except the two year old) all went to hear Kim and the other students sing. It was enjoyed by us all. Yes, my step-daughter has orange in her hair. LOL. It washed out.
Kim went and hugged her great-grandmother. We are lucky enough in our family to have my grandmother, the girls great-grandmother, still here with us. She loves to come to the musical performances and hear the songs. The school choirs still mostly sing beautiful songs with wonderful harmonies. Grandma loves that. Kim sang a solo from Phantom of the Opera.


The dance team performed for the audience. Kim and another girl are the seniors this year. They each had an individual dance part. It was a hip-hop style, which may not have been a favorite of the grandmothers, but the students enjoyed it a lot. Plus, with Kim as the captain, it was a clean dance. No suggestive moves are allowed at all.


We don't have many of these left. Just a few concerts to go. My daughter will graduate soon and leave school behind. I will say that I will miss them. My step-daughter is in choir. I'm sure we will have her concerts. However, as for the rest of my children, I don't know if there will be choir concerts in our future much. Being homeschooled, I guess if we want a concert we'll have to form the choir. Of course, my oldest plans to go to college, so maybe my days of concerts will not end. The concerts may just switch from High School shows to College shows.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...