Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reading Aloud


I've been so stressed all year, and had so many things thrown at me that I feel I've neglected a lot of read aloud time with Laura. We've had some with Heart of Dakota, but last year I read so much to her for history that I thought I was going to lose my voice. So, this year, I need to get some more read aloud time in somehow. I've already cut down on some of Laura's work. Maybe I can add some extra "couch" time with her and find some adventures for us to go on together.

I haven't even been reading to the toddler the way I planned. Life has definitely gotten complicated for me when I can't read to my children. This is one of the perks of homeschooling. So, time to make reading to my girls a priority once again.

The statistics on the benefits are very clear. Reading aloud to your child is so beneficial that it can't be understated. I think this is one of the reasons I've always been fascinated with Sonlight. They offer so much read to your child time that I think it would hard to fail with that influence steady in your life. Not to mention that reading to your child provides so many memories.

Tomorrow, I plan to begin.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...