Friday, September 4, 2009

Passing the Test of Independence

It has been a long week. My toddler has spent the last two days with a fever. This morning my oldest had to go get a booster shot from the Health Department. The wait was almost 2 hours. I came home and decided it was time for the toddler to see a doctor because she didn't seem to be getting any better. Needless to say, I wasn't home much today. My husband left around noon for work.
I came home expecting to have a lot of work to finish with the fourth grader. However, all she had left was a spelling test. The 11th grader had nearly finished her work. I was very proud of the both of them for being such good stewards of their time and for working so hard. I still have to check everything, but at least I know they worked hard even if mom and dad left them on their own.
I am not totally surprised by this. They both work very hard and, unless they don't understand something, they work quite independently. Laura had finished all her work this week where I would need to read aloud to her. It was just a nice reminder that my girls can do this when life gets in the way.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...