Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Trying To Get Organized

So, I picked up a bunch of curriculum yesterday from the lady lending it to me. I am so grateful. It is saving me hundreds. Anyway, this wonderful woman has been homeschooling for years and years. She homeschooled her own children and they are grown. Some of her curriculum is about that old. I know some of it is from when I was in school. You can always tell by the pictures on the covers. Tasha's speech book is filled with people with big eighties hair.
However, I am sure the content is the same.
Tasha is taking six classes this semester: English, Speech, Physical Science, New Testament Survey, Etymology, and U.S. History. We will see if she needs a math class when her transcprits arrive. Chances are she'll take one next year. I also am doing SAT prep and some literature. She has some reading with the curriculum, but I wanted to supplement a little.
I'm off to the library today to pick up a SAT book and the first book Tasha choose from the Sonlight list. Ironically, she chose the book The Hiding Place. I was telling the lady we are getting the curriculum from that I needed to go pick up the book from the library. She smiled, went over to a shelf and grabbed it, and handed it to me. She then told me that Tasha has to read that for her English class anyway later in the year. I had Tasha pick a different book, but I am glad that her required reading is a book she picked anyway.
I am excited, but I admit that I'm still a bit nervous. I'm sure that will calm in time. Laura is loving having her sister here with her doing school across the table. I'm glad, cause it makes everything easier when these two get along well.
So I'm off to help if needed.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...