Monday, August 17, 2009

Stinging Start

Every year on the first day of school I take pictures of my girls. Since today was Laura's first day, I wanted to take her picture. We usually go outside for this. She took off out the door and headed to the rose bush in our front yard. I've taken her picture there every year on the first day. Not this year. As Laura took off to the bush, I didn't even notice she was barefoot. Before I could even get a pose she stepped on a bee...which stung her. So, twenty minutes later after I washed her foot and put on cream and gave her a benedryl, I snapped a picture of her inside. Poor girl. Bee stings can really hurt.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...