Monday, May 11, 2009

Finishing up the last of the year

Laura is down to the last couple weeks of school. She should finish her math book this week. We have worked very hard this year for our first year of homeschooling. I am slowly buying books for Preparing Hearts for His Glory, which we will begin in August. I am so excited about Heart of Dakota. We have used a couple of the books from Bigger Hearts for His Glory, and I was just astounded at how much Laura enjoyed them. I wish I'd found this program sooner.
Summer plans are coming along, just not as fast as I'd hoped. One of my daughters will be gone for the first two weeks in June for Church Camp. The second week my oldest will join her. Softball games for my step-daughter are gearing up full force. I also want to buy a pool pass so that I can teach Laura how to swim this year. I am still not 100% sure how to do that with a toddler, but I am determined Laura learn.
College class is going well. We just began learning about the Prison Epistles. I wish I had more time to study, but I try to use well what I do have. Tonight is Monday study night where my husband, another classmate, and I all try to cover as much as we can together. It works well as we can bounce ideas off of each other and truly dig deep into the Word.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...