Thursday, April 16, 2009

Verse a day

As I recently reported, I just got cell phones for me, my husband, and the two oldest daughters. One day a couple weeks before we got the cells, I was with my sis. She got a text message from her father-in-law. She kind of smiled and shut her phone. I asked what she was smiling about and she said that her father-in-law sends a bible verse to his sons and their wives every day. She said it always made her smile.
When we got cells I decided to do the same. Every day I send a bible verse to my hubby, the girls, and a few assorted friends of theirs. Every day I pray that God will guide me to a verse and let it touch one of their lives. Every day I send a verse, and most of the time I don't know exactly why I chose that particular verse. However, I have been told several times that the verse received has related to whatever was going on in one of their lives. I like hearing that something I was led to do is touching the lives of those I love.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...