Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The countdown to surgery

It's a crazy emotion. On Thursday I will Finally have surgery to have my gallbladder removed. In a way, I am happy about this. It has needed done for several months, and I have had to wait on insurance to kick in. I am grateful that it is finally going to be done. I have been eating almost no fat since December. That is supposed to keep attacks from hitting, but I still have had one. I have pain, even if it isn't an outright attack, a lot. The gallbladder just needs to be removed.
On the other hand, I am nervous about surgery. I've heard it isn't a big deal, but to me it is. It is still my body that is going to be cut into. It is still an organ to be removed. The surgery may be common, but it isn't common to me. Basically, I'm not a big baby, but I am a bit nervous anyway. However, I also trust in God and know that my life, my body, and the hands of the surgeon are in the hands of the God.
My older girls have Prom this weekend. I want to enjoy watching them get ready, but I know that I might not feel up to it. I won't be able to pick up my toddler for a few days. I am arranging help for around the house...especially when the girls are in school and my hubby is at work on Friday.
Homeschooling will only be three days this week. I planned a lighter week, and Laura is finishing fast. The end of the year is coming up quick, and I still have stuff to finish. However, things like illnesses and surgery happen in homeschooling. If we don't finish when I want, we will just work until we do. I don't really care if we finish all the books cause we have done so much this year. However, I do have to make sure that we finish the 180 days.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...