Saturday, November 29, 2008

What to do on a day off of school...I know...Play Photographer














Daddy had to work, and he had the van. All the older sisters had gone to family or friends to spend the day. That left only Mommy, Laura, and Megan. Now, Mommy was cleaning and trying to keep the little ones busy. But at one point, I figured that it was break time. Laura wanted to play dress up. So, I let her put pretty dresses on her and her sister. Then, we posed pretty for the camera. It was fun for a few minutes. Then, I made the girls change back into their everyday clothes and went back to cleaning.
I used to do this all the time with my older girls when they were small. It's such fun to just get them to pose and take bunches of pictures. Some of my favorite pictures are from when we would do this. I call it 'play Photographer'.
It is so much easier now, too, with digital photography. With my old camera, it took excellent pictures. However, you never knew what they looked like until they came back from the developer. Now, if I have blurry, out of focus pictures...or if my daughter has her eyes closed, I can just delete. And I love the fact that I can play with Black and White or Sepia tones. I used to have to buy Black and White Film to do that.
I guess it made an impact because my oldest daughter loves to do this with her sisters. She did this with Megan when she was a year, and the pictures are fabulous. One of them became her official 1st year portrait.
Take your kids and take a bunch of pictures of them for no reason other than they grow fast. Honoring milestones and special events and holidays is wonderful, but the everyday moments are so precious. And 'Playing Photographer' is such a fun time. Be silly. Have them make faces. Have them not look just at you. Have them wear fun clothes and dance and sing. Take them outside and soak up the natural sunlight.
It will be a blast for all.


No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...