Friday, November 21, 2008

Substitute Teachers

I thought Laura was going to miss homeschooling today. My older girls have Youth Convention this weekend, and I needed to do a lot of running to get everything they need before they leave at one.
Instead, I let my my girls miss the 3 hours they were going to spend at school and stay home. They could do this if they schooled Laura and watched the baby while I did all the necessary errands.
I came home at 11:30 to my 15 year old reading the read a-loud to Laura, which is the last thing we do every day. Sure enough, they had finished everything else. Laura had even gotten a perfect score on her spelling test.
I went through and checked the work. It was all completed. I was very happy with the girls. Of course I knew they could do it.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...