Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Little Reader

I know this is just a silly little post, but ...Oh well. I had worried that I was burning my daughter out on reading since we use so many living books for History, Science, and Literature. I guess not. Here it is VERY late and she is supposed to be sleeping. Instead she is in bed with a book in her hands reading. It's a Disney story, not anything heavy or a classic or anything. But I am not bothered by that. In fact, I think that as long as she isn't complaining about the amount we are reading, and she is still voluntarily picking up books when we aren't 'In School' then we are on the right path. She has always loved reading, and I wanted to take advantage of that. I know there must be balance and I don't want to overwhelm my daughter. Guess things are going good.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...