Thursday, May 31, 2012

Learning about the Jewish Culture and Christ

That's right... Jesus was Jewish.  I have begun learning about Jewish customs and the culture during the time of Christ.  Things in the Bible take on a deeper meaning when studied this way.  We are going to be exploring some of this in our homeschooling next year.  I have found very affordable and wonderful resources from Heart of Wisdom.  While I have no intention of using it all... at least not at this point, I have decided to work through the Biblical Holidays study with my girls on top of our regular studies.  I want Laura and Megan to begin to get familiar with other cultures.  I think one of the most important ones would be the one of Christ.

I have read through Robin Sampson's Heart of Wisdom Teaching Approach many times.  It blends very nicely with Rebecca Avery's Teaching Tips and Techniques.  These two manuals have given me a wonderful framework for teaching my children.  Combined with my studies of the Hebrew culture, and I feel such a peace of the direction I am taking my homeschool.

Robin Sampson has wonderful links and articles on her website.  One of my favorites, one that went along with her Heart of Wisdom Teaching Approach book, is an article on the differences between Hebrew and Greek Education Methods.  I look forward to the wonderful adventures we are going to have as we learn together about the Jewish feasts and how it all relates to Christ.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...