Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Attack of Strep Throat

It started last week over Spring Break.  My daughter Jasmine woke up Wednesday morning with a fever and sore throat.  By Friday it was confirmed that she has strep.  I wasted no time on Sunday, when Laura woke up with the same symptoms, rushing her to the ER.  She too has strep.  Monday arrived with both my oldest, Kim, and my youngest, Megan, both diagnosed with strep by their doctors.

Tasha is the only one that hasn't gotten it yet among the children.  My husband and I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm worried.  My throat is a bit sore.

I usually don't like my children to get a bunch of antibiotics.  However, this time, all of my sickies are on one or another.  This strep is already flying through my family like a wild fire.  If I can contain it and stop it, I totally will.

We did school today.  Laura had stopped running a fever, so I felt it was important to get her working.  Kim was home from school, but hopefully she'll be back to normal tomorrow.  Jasmine went to school.  She was the first to get sick, so she's been the first to get better.  Megan is doing much better too.

I am hoping for a productive day tomorrow.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...