Monday, November 16, 2009

Taking Some Family Time


We went to Grandma's house this evening. After fighting illness all last week, I wanted to take advantage of everyone feeling better. We made the new dish, Taco soup, and played cards. Kim and Tasha even washed dishes for their great-grandma. Laura enjoyed joking with her Uncle Johnny.

Megan had a good time seeing her grandmas. We've all been antsy to get out of the house and get away for awhile.
I took the Phase 10 cards. It felt nice to have a good time relaxing and playing some cards with the family.
Of course the competition is intense... (not really. I did lose however.)

Megan was happy just to play with Grandma's doggy. She kept feeding him pieces of his food.
There was no time for boredom. My girls decided to serenade us while they listened to their Ipod.

I've been trying to make it a priority that our family spend some time together. My grandmother is getting older and had many health issues. My oldest leaves for college in a few months. I'm trying to make a concerted effort to make time with not just us, but the grandmas and aunts and uncles. I want my kids to grow up like I did, with memories of family around. How else are they to learn how the importance of family unless they see it modeled for them?

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...