Saturday, November 14, 2009

Disney's A Christmas Carol

My husband and I went to see Disney's new movie, A Christmas Carol. We don't often get time on our own, so we decided to see the one movie that we both thought we would enjoy.

I imagine the 3-D version in the IMAX Theaters will be amazing. Without the 3-D, though, it was still very good. The special effects were neat. Jim Carey played Scrooge very well.

I love the story of A Christmas Carol by Dickens. It's been a favorite of mine since I was a girl. We've seen and probably own nearly every movie version out there. (My favorite is probably Muppet's Christmas Carol, but that's my sense of humor.) This version is very good, however, and I can see that it will become a classic. We may have liked it because we love A Christmas Carol. It was a good movie, but it didn't blow us away the way I had hoped. It was a good movie for a day away, but take my advice... go to the matinee.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...