Friday, November 13, 2009

Catching Up or Moving On


Finally!! After everyone being sick all week we finally got back to some homeschooling today. Now I have to decide if I'm going to push extra work or just move on from here. I honestly think I'm going to just move on. We missed quite a bit and I don't want to cram. Laura is feeling better and is back to doing school. Why should I make her feel like this is public school and have her do make-up work? There's going to be enough of that with my oldest and my step-daughter.

This does mean I have to redo a whole bunch of scheduling. At the very least I have some dates to change. But, that's life. Things happen. We've all been sick and that was out of my control. I've decided to not stress about it.

I finally got the Ruth Beechick book 'You Can Teach Your Child Successfully'. I plan to go through that over the next couple weeks and see what useful information I can obtain from it for my little homeschool. So far I really like a lot of what she has to say. I am one of those worriers some days. Am I doing enough? Is Laura really learning? I want to be a little more confident in my approach. So, I'm reading and studying myself a bit.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...