Saturday, November 28, 2009

Decorating the Tree






We picked up our tree, and then had to wait until late evening to decorate it when my daughter was done with work.  Laura, impatient, decided to decorate herself.  My oldest and dad always do the lights together.  Megan was not a good help.


The lights were stubborn.  So many sets didn't work.  My husband was frustrated, but he pressed on with the sets that were working.




Next came the Garland, which Tasha and Jasmine got to put on the tree.





Then came the decorations.  Every year I take pictures of the girls decorating the tree.  Our trees may not look professional, but it usually looks beautiful.   I hope one day they carry on the tradition with their own families.  These are the things that create lasting memories and, I believe, instill values by stressing the importance of family time, traditions, and Christmas.  Below are some of our memories from this year's tree decorating.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...