Friday, August 7, 2009

Ordered Curriculum - Check

Yay! I just ordered a couple vital parts of Laura's Curriculum. I ordered the Heart Of Dakota guide and her Abeka Language Arts. I thought about going with the Language Arts program in the Heart of Dakota catalog, but changed my mind. Laura did so well with the Abeka program last year that I decided to stick with it.
School season is rapidly approaching. I'm excited, but I really don't want summer to end. I like the slow days. I like the free summer movies for kids at the theater. I like going to the park. I like being warm. I like the smaller utility bills. I love summer. I don't want it to leave.
The internet should be back on in my home within days. That excites me too. The only bummer about this summer has been not having my internet to post my blogs and read how everyone else is doing.
Our first field trip has already been planned. At the end of the month the traveling Vietnam War Memorial will be in a nearby town. While I'll have to tenderly explain the war, I think it will be interesting. I want to go as I had an uncle pass away in the War.
My husband and I are discussing some ideas for Fridays. He wants her to do some practical things, like learn cooking. I laughed and told him he should teach her to change the oil in the car or something. He said he would when she was a bit older.
School officially starts for my older girls on August 13th. Since Laura's stuff has been ordered, she might actually begin on the same day. For what the companies are charging for shipping, the books should arrive in plenty of time. I hope.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...