Monday, December 1, 2008

Back to work after the Holiday




It was one of those days where, after being sick all weekend with a cold, I just didn't want to do a whole lot. Laura knows what to do, however, and she just kind of jumped in on her own.
She began working on a new Daisies badge for Mpact Girls. She only has two left and then we begin Prims. Unfortunately, I haven't been making it a priority to work on the badges. She begins her day with Bible stories and some New Testament reading, but I keep putting the badges off. Then, before I know it, the day is gone and we never got any work on them done. In looking at other curricula, I realized that next year it will be a course. There will be no putting things off till later. So, I have decided to work on the badges in the morning with the rest of the Bible studies.
Today, Laura is working on her Respect badge. I'll have to sit down and come up with the craft for this week to correspond to the badge.
Laura began a new book today. The Courage of Sarah Noble. I hope she enjoys it. I think I will use it for Reading and History.



No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...