Monday, November 24, 2008

My Other Children

Megan is the baby. She is 19 months. I guess I homeschool her now, but she has a little time before any formal schooling. She is a happy, busy girl. She is 7 years younger than Laura, a surprise from God.
Tasha is 15. She is a sophomore in High School. She attends public school. She is smart and has such a gentle and quite unique personality. Lately, she has developed a love of sewing in her Fashion class at school. She would love to be homeschooled, but I feel that she is doing well in public school.

This is Kim. She is 17 and my oldest. She is Miss Personality. She LOVES music and has an incredible voice. She sings in every choir she can and is on the worship team at church. She is a junior this year. She is beginning to look at colleges and wants to study music, of course, and ministry.

This is Jasmine, my step-daughter. She is 12. She lives with her mom a couple blocks away, but is here often. She is funny and sweet and outgoing. She is in 5th grade. She also loves music and sports. She is usually in Soccer, Basketball, and Softball every year. When I met my husband she was only two, so she is one of the crew completely.

I wanted to introduce all the girls in my home besides Laura. Laura is the one I am homeschooling right now, but she is definitely affected by all her sisters. The older girls homeschooled her last Friday while I had errands to run.
Soon Megan will join a little in my homeschooling. We are taking this year by year, so I don't want to say that I will absolutely homeschool Megan. I would love to homeschool her, and feel I do right now. It's just not an organized program as she's still a toddler.
All the girls support me homeschooling Laura. I am grateful that they do because I needed their support. But, as Christian girls, my teenagers see that the Public School system just seems to be getting worse and worse every year. They see the way God has been taken out of schools and how it has affected the culture and behavior of their peers, their classrooms, and everything around them.

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...