Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Week Left!

Laura learning about light this last week.
Laura has only one week left of school until we break for a bit.  We are both looking forward to summer, but we are also looking toward beginning Creation to Christ.  We have had such a fun time this last semester finishing up Preparing Hearts for His Glory.

I have watched Laura's skills and love of learning grow this last few months.  I am very grateful to have found Heart of Dakota.  It meets so many of the goals I have for homeschooling my children.  It is Biblically based. The Bible is weaved in every subject, not just as something separate.  It teaches my children to think, not just to regurgitate facts.  It is academically sound.  If follows the Charlotte Mason teaching approach.  It teaches subjects from many aspects so that all types of learners can be inspired to learn.  The program uses amazing, wholesome literature.  I don't have to worry about my child reading things that I deem inappropriate. 

After this week, the program will go on a shelf for Megan to use in a few years.  However, I doubt some of the books will gather a lot of dust.  They are so good I am sure that I am sure we will pull them off once in awhile to read them just for fun!

No comments:

Depriving our Students of the Classics

  In December 27, 2020, an article was published concerning a push to remove the classics from education. Entitled  Even Homer Gets Mobbed ,...